PENILAIAN AKHIR SEMESTER (PAS)
Satuan Pendidikan : SMP/MTs
Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggri s
Kelas/Semest er : VIII/1 (satu)
Hari dan Tanggal :
W a k t u :
Petunjuk Umum :
1. Perhatikan dan ikuti petunjuk pengisian Lembar Jawaban yang disediakan;
2. Periksa dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum Anda menjawab;
3. Laporkan kepada pengawas kalau terdapat tulisan yang kurang jelas, rusak atau jumlah soal kurang;
4. Dahulukan mengerjakan soal-soal yang Anda anggap mudah;
5. Pilihlah salah satu jawaban yang paling benar dengan menghit amkan bulatan jawaban;
6. Apabila Anda ingin memperbaiki/mengganti jawaban, bersihkan jawaban semula dengan penghapus sampai bersih, kemudian hit amkan bulatan jawaban yang menurut Anda benar;
7. Periksalah seluruh pekerjaan Anda sebelum diserahkan kepada pengawas.
I. Answer the que stion by choosing A, B, C or D!
1. Doni : I see that you bring so many books Elsa, may I help you? Elsa You are very kind, Don.
A. Certainly B. No, thanks C. Really? D. I’m sorry
2. Mother : Soni, can you turn off the lamp, please? Soni : ............
A. With a pleasure B. I’m sorry C. I can’t D. No, I’m bussy
3. Sa di : May I borrow your pencil case?
A. Sure : .........I’m using it .
B. I’m sorry
C. Yes, I do
D. With pleasure
4. Hilya : I am hungry mom, , please ?
Mother : Sure. T he delicious meals are ready on the table for you, dear.
A. Can you give me a drink
B. Could you give me some meals
5. Mrs. Rosi : Do you mind passing me the sugar? C. Will you have to eat
D. Do you want to eat
Diana Here it is.
A. No I don’t B. Sure
C. I’m not sure
D. Yes, I know
6. Nando a glass of coffe?
Early : Yes, please.That’s very kind of you
A. Could you help me B. Can you make C. Would you like D. Shall I have
This dialogue is for question No. 7 and 8
7. Why does inka know Ahmad?
A. Ahmad is inka’s classmate C. Ahmad is inka’s neighbour
B. Vuji introduces Ahmad to Inka D. Ahmad is Inka’s cousin
8. Inka says, “That’s right.” What does it mean?
A. She asks for help B. She gives help C. She agrees a fact D. She disagrees a fact
9. Sela : What do you think about the new studentin our class?
Seli : She is friendly and smart.
A. I see that B. I want to say C. Don’t say that D. I think
10. Elin : “ Our mother’s birthday is next week.” Alin : “ ?”
Elin : That’s a good idea.
A. When was she born? C. How about giving her a present?
B. How old is she? D. How is your mother?
11. Galih: Everything is expensive today. Only a cup of cofee, we must pay five thousands rupiahs. Alpin: Yeah, you’re right. I wit h you.
A. Buy B. Come C. Disagree D. Agree
12. Dimas : I need a glass of ice tea.
Adit : It’s breakfast time, a glass of milk is bett er for you. Dimas : Ok...............
A. I agree wit h you B. I think so C. I don’t like it D. Sorry, I dissagree
13. Lukman : Congratulations Tanjul, Finally you can be the winner in this contest . T anjul : Thanks Lukman.
Lukman congratulates Tanjul because...........
A. He has a new job C. He get the best score
B. He wins in a competition D. He has new house
14. Mr. Odi: Put ri, this is your test paper, you get the excellent score. Putri : Is it right, sir?
Mr. Ody : Yes, ............................
A. You’re lucky to win the contest C. Congratulat ions
B. I’m surprised on your success D. You’re the winner
15. Ayu : Wow, You look so beautiful.
Ami : Thank you, this dress is from my mother.
A. What a beautiful girl C. I like your style
B. This suits you well D. What a charming dress
16. Sint a : Amel, Do you know, Andini won the Match competition yesterday? Amel : O yeah? ........................
Sint a : Yes, she is so smart amel.
A. What a smart girl B. What a creat ive girl C. What a charming girl D. What a good girl
17. Gina : Fit, I’m so hungry, let’s go to canteen wit h me. Fitri: I have something else to do know.
Gina : It’s ok, no problem.
A. Thank you B. Of course C. I like it D. I am sorry
18. Vicky : Would you like to come to my sister’s wedding party next Sunday Mr. Jones? Mr. Jones : That’s very kind of you, but I don’t think I can. Have a nice party.
The underlined expression is used for ........
A. Invit ing people C. Introducing people
B. Asking for information D. Asking people to do things
Read the textand answer questions 19 to 23
I have a papaya plant. It grows at the front yard. The pap aya tree is tall, about three meters high. It has no branches. The steam is soft and weak because it has the flimsy wood and a hollow center. The leaves emerge directly from the upper part of the stem in a spiral fashion.
I like to harvest the lowermost papaya fruit. The oldest, mature fruit is the lowest one, and the youngest the uppermost one. The ripe fruit has yellow skin. The flesh is bright orange or
pinkish, with small black seeds clustered in the center.
19. What is the purpose of the text?
A. To amuse the reader C. To tell howto do something
B. To tell the past experience D. To describe something
20. Why is the stem of the papayatree soft and weak? Because.................
A. It has flimsy wood and a hollow cent er C. Its leaves emerge from the upper part of the stem
B. It has no branches D. It is very tall
21. What are clustered in the center of the papaya fruit?
A. Fresh wat er C. Big seeds of the papaya
B. The flesh of the papaya fruit. D. Small black seeds of the papaya.
22. “ flimsy wood and a hollow center.” (Paragraph 1)
T he word ‘flimsy’ has the similar meaning wit h................
A. Hard B. Thick C. Soft D. Long
23. “The papaya tree is tall” (Paragraph 1) the word ‘tall’ has the opposite meaning wit h...............
A. Small B. High C. Wide D. Short
Read the text to answer questions 24-28
24. The text is about.................
A. Travelling B. Shopping C. Tracking D. Visiting
25. Where did they go?
A. Netherlands B. Europe C. Australia D. America
26. “ At many famous places“
The underlined word has the synonym with ………
A.Good B. Ugly C. Popular D. Bad
27. ‘He explained the cultural importance of the place’ (Paragraph 3) The word ‘He’ refers to.........................
A. Mr. Charles B. Mrs. Charles C. Thir friends D. The guide
28. “They enjoyed the t woo-week tour tremendously” (Last Paragraph) The underlined word has the same meaning as.......................
A. Got bored wit h B. Got pleasure from C. Became addicted to D. Became amazed at
Read the text to answer questions 29-31
29. When will Fernando hold hispart y?
A. In the morning B. In the midnight C. In the evening D. In the afternoon
30. What should Farel do if he can’t come to the part y?
A. T ell the rest aurant wait er C. Send back Neyra’s invit at ion
B. Confirm to Neyra a few days before D. Contact Neyra’s parents
31. Neyra will wear in the party
A. Whit e dress B. Whit e shirt C. Red Shirt D. T-Shirt
Read the text to answer questions 32-33
32. Who writ e the message?
A. Fernando B. Fernando’s mother
C. Fernando’s father
D. Fernando’s sister
33. Who will arrive earlier at home?
A. Fernando B. Fernando’s mother
C. Fernando’s father
D. Fernando’s sister
34. What must Fernando do at home?
A. Come earlier
B. Arrive at home about five p.m C. Turn on the lamp
D. Key the door
For questions 35 to 37 choose the suitable word to complete the text below!
35. A. Herbivore B. Tame C. Pet D. Carnivore
36. A. Tame B. Pet C. Insect D. Wild
37. A. Zoo B. Pet shop C. Garden D. Backyard
38. Arrange the following words into a good sentence!
I – my – Bicycle – In – The – Washed- Afternoon 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A. 6-5-7-4-3-2-1 B. 1-6-2-3-4-5-7 C. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 D. 1-6-2-3-5-4-7
39. Fadil and Rajata their holiday together
A. spends B. spent C. are spending D. to spend
40. Re-arrange the jumbled sentences below into good paragraph!
1. After that we mopped the floor using a mopping cloth
2. Everything looked nice
3. In the morning, I swept the whole room in the house
4. Last Sunday, I didn’t go to school
5. I finished with the cleaning almost at 12 o’clock
6. So I st ayed at home and I did the cleaning at my house The best arrangement of the sentence above is.....
A. 3–6–1–4–5–2 B. 4–6–3–1–5–2 C. 2–4–6–3–1–5 D. 5–3–6–4–1–2
II. Read the text and answer the questions!
41. Complete this dialogue with the suitable expression! Mufti : Iyan, give me a glass of coffe.
Iyan : But you look so tired. You should take a rest a while
Mufti : You’re right. Thanks Iyan Iyan : Wait for your coffe bro.
Mufti : Ok
Read the text and answer questions 42 to 43!
42. A. What is thetext about?
B. Where does Tomy usually sleep?
43. Re-arrange the jumbled sentences below into good descript ive text!
1. She is Fathin Shidqia.
2. She is cute, chubby and nice person.
3. She really kind to her fans.
4. I really adore her.
5. I have an idol
6. She is 17 years old.
7. Her voice is very unique.
44. Change the verbs in the brackets into the right forms (Past Tense)!
I (go) to Grandmot her’s house yesterday to make a cage for her bird. After finishing the Cage, My grandmother (ask) me to have lunch.My mother (cook) chicken soup and it was spicy. The soup was very tast y, although it was spicy. I (eat) it too much. T he next morning I (get) stomachache and I (can not)go to school.
45. Complete this invit ation wit h the suitable words!
I. PILIHAN GANDA
41. a. Can you / will you atau Could you/Would you
b. Of course / Ok with a pleasure/ Sure
42. a. Tomy / Tomy is my cat
b. Tomy usually sleeps on the sofa in the living room
44. a. went
45. a. come / att end
d. Happy / glad / amuse / delight /Complete
soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 pdf
soal uas bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 2020
soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 1 beserta jawabannya
soal uas bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2 pdf
latihan soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 semester 2
soal bahasa inggris kelas 8 bab 1
materi bahasa inggris kelas 8
soal essay bahasa inggris kelas 8